Select your tenant and set lease dates:
You are able to build and email lease documents for e-signature only after you have selected a tenant and set lease dates.
Once you have selected your applicant to become your new tenant and used the Manage Occupants page to "move in" your tenant in the system, you are ready to build a lease document batch.
Building a Lease Document Batch:
- On Dashboard, click on LEASE > Build
- Select Property/Unit (if your account contains multiple properties and/or units).
- Select the document Templates you wish to e-sign. You can preview the documents, which will populated with the property and tenant data. You can click the lease terms in blue font and make changes. If you wish to edit the template (black text), cancel out of the document builder and go to the Templates tab to make the appropriate edits to the template.
- If you are happy with the document, email it for e-signature. You may be asked for a credit card if it's not already saved in your account. You will be charged $35 after all parties sign.
- Final step> click "Send Lease Now".
Example of populated document at a Preview page.
It takes about 5 minutes for the document to land in your tenant's inbox. The signing is done in sequential order. The document goes first to the Primary tenant (first listed on the document). When the Primary tenant signs, it goes to the other signers one by one. The property manager is the last person to sign and executes the lease. All parties are emailed a copy of the e-signed lease document upon completion and a copy of the signed lease is also housed in your landlord LeaseRunner account under the tenant's profile page.
Your Recent Activities table (found on Dashboard page) will update as the status of the lease updates. It will show "Sending in Progress" then move to "Document Sent" after 5 minutes (refreshing your page to show the updates).
Before you send your documents for e-signature, you can review document templates in your Templates library by clicking on the "Templates" tab.
We supply ready to use documents for all 50 states! If you would like to edit any of our already made templates or create your own template, here is a separate article that gives you step by step instructions. "Duplicate" and "Edit" any document templates
Example of the Document Builder:
You can also read about:
E-signing lease documents