Every tenant screening transaction is initiated by the landlord, property manager, or agent using their LeaseRunner account.
Once logged in, Go to >> Dashboard >> Screen>> Order and fill out the order form for which reports you would like and who will pay for them (landlord or applicant). Our LIST feature also builds a link where prospective tenants can apply, if you get the URL link to them (by email, or other means).
Applicants do not go to LeaseRunner.com to fill out an order.
Applicants must be served an order initiated by the landlord, property manager, or agent.
Applicants will work from a secured link sent to their email.
You can chose to send our free Rental Application to your applicant by checking the box for Rental Application. Sending the Rental Application is FREE.
All other tenant screening services (credit report, criminal background check, financial profile report, eviction check) can be paid by the applicant or landlord.
- After you, (the landlord, property manager, or real estate agent using LeaseRunner) orders the reports by filling out a screen order form and sending it out, through LeaseRunner, the rental applicant receives an email with an invitation to complete the order.
- They simply click the "Continue" button from the email they receive, and LeaseRunner serves them with the rental application and/or tenant screening authorization forms as ordered.
- If the Rental Application is ordered, the applicant completes that first.
- Otherwise, the applicant enters required information to process the tenant screening request and authorizes its release in the following order (if ordered):
- Financial Report - requires bank name, and online login information, and authorization to retrieve the bank statement's data. (Note: the login information is not saved in LeaseRunner and remains private)
- Credit Check, Criminal Check, and Eviction Report - all require applicant's name, address, phone, DOB, and SSN along with authorization to process each of these services. (Note: LeaseRunner doesn't save the renter's SSN). The Credit Check requires verifying the applicant's identity by serving a couple of questions from the applicant's credit history. When answered correctly, the applicant proceeds to the payment (if paid by applicant). Your prospective renter will also view their credit report.
- Payment occurs last. After your applicant completed the authorization process, we charge either the renter's card or your card based on preferences you have set for each order.
- Reports are available in your LeaseRunner account immediately after the authorization and the payment.
- You will receive an email notification to view the tenant screening reports when all ordered reports were completed.
What if the applicant answers the identity authentication questions incorrectly?
In this case, the applicant has to wait at least 24 hours for the next three attempts due to the credit bureau's security measures.
What if the applicant doesn't have any credit history?
Based on the personal information entered, LeaseRunner receives a response from Experian either with authentication questions, or that this consumer was not found in the credit bureau's enormous database. In that case, the credit report is skipped, the fee is deducted from the total, and the property manager is notified that credit report cannot be processed on this applicant.
Sample of the Tenant Screening Authorization form